The Technetix DBD-1200 amplifier is an innovative ‘crossover’ design which provides a field upgradeable solution to deep fibre/fibre to the last amplifier (FttLA). Its RF function can be configured for use as a two output device (with or without an internal splitter / directional coupler). Designed using energy efficient GaN (gallium nitride) technologies, the DBD-1200 offers a functional upgrade path for the majority of compact amplifiers from other manufacturers by:
- Providing individual gain and slope control for each of the active outputs
- Consuming less power for the same operational gain
- Providing a similar or smaller physical footprint
- Harnessing GaN technology to provide class leading forward and return path gain, duplicating or improving upon existing units
The DBD-1200 provides reverse path transmission with a hybrid amplification stage up to 25 dB (with 28 dB in development). Forward and return path attenuation can be adjusted with electronic attenuators. Electronic equalisers are available for forward and return path equalization. The cable simulator requires a JXP to be used.
The DBD-1200 has a highly efficient long-life switch-mode power supply to provide the powering modes required for the modules used. Gas tubes at the input and output ports protect the RF circuits in the event of lightning or mains power surges.
- Full digital control and setup with optional integrated AGC/ALSC.
- Improved intermodulation distortion performance - innovative GaN technology operates to 1218 MHz.
- Energy efficient hybrid technology provides more gain from the same power consumption.
- Power factor corrected power supply option.
- Flexible to meet changing network needs.
- CPD Safe™ technology and surge protection mean fewer reported faults, improved customer service and a reduction in truck rolls.
- Onboard ingress detection facility provides an option to apply -6 dB or -40 dB of return path attenuation via a simple transponderless protocol.
- Field upgradable to deep fibre node via optional optical transmitter and receiver modules which replace the existing RF modules.