Sales Engineer – Central Europe
Location: Austria, Germany or Switzerland (home office)
- Have you experience in a commercial technical role in a broadband communications environment?
- Can you drive sales efforts and engage with customers from a technical perspective?
- Do you understand HFC Networks and topologies?
- Would you like to work with award-wining products and solutions recognised by the SCTE and Liberty Global?
If so, then you may be interested in an opportunity at Technetix, a dynamic international company and a leading supplier of CATV broadband solutions. You will find our product solutions embedded in broadband networks globally.
We are extending our sales engineering capabilities to further develop and consolidate our relationships with leading broadband suppliers such as Virgin Media, France Telecom, Liberty Global, Unitymedia, T-Mobile, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Vodafone Ziggo and Vodafone ONO.
In this key role in our Central European Sales division, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with technical personnel and decision makers at our customers, driving business development activities.
Together with the account managers, you will be responsible for achieving sales targets and meeting KPIs - as the key technical adviser and product advocate. You’ll work with engineers to identify customer opportunities and propose product and technical solutions. Innovative and creative, you will drive new initiatives and convert technical requirements into product solutions. You will work, as required, with product managers and core engineering to coordinate resolving customer related product issues.
As Sales Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for technical aspects of sales for assigned accounts
- Meet customers in the field in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czechia and Slovakia for 2-3 days a week
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Manage customer relationships with technical decision makers and opinion makers at director, management and sr. engineer-level
- Provide technical expertise to drive sales efforts
- Understand customer needs and requirements relating to Headend, Access and In-Home networking and Ethernet networking
- Develop and deliver persuasive technical sales presentations and product demonstrations that clearly communicate the product and technology direction and competitive advantages
- Support the process of development, implementation and maintenance of written account plans.
As Sales Engineer you will need:
- 6-10 years’ experience in a Sales Engineering or similar role in broadband sector
- Bachelor or Master degree in Network Engineering, Telecommunications or related fields
- Extensive experience in Sales Engineering or Solutions Architecture, in the MSO, Telco or networking industry
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (German and English).
- Good understanding of customer requirements and mapping these to product positioning
- Demonstratable success in managing a physical portfolio of products
- People management skills and ability to work as part of virtual teams
- An in-depth understanding of Ethernet/IP networks and topologies, local and wide-area network transport
- Experience with HFC networks, RF, Ethernet and DOCSIS protocols
Why join Technetix?
Technetix is a fast-growing private company with its headquarters in the United Kingdom. The group operates globally with a focus on Europe and the Americas, employing just under 170 people.
We are a multi-national company with offices worldwide and our employees represent over 30 different nations. Technetix considers it a strength to have such a wide variety of cultures represented in its organisation. We enjoy a challenging work environment but maintaining a healthy work life balance is also very important to us.
Technetix is a pioneering company with a strong focus on establishing strategic partnerships with major cable and telecommunications companies. While providing leading technology applicable for the entire market place, we also attend to the specific problems of our customers and create tailor-made products and solutions. With an organisational setup to focus on two main business areas, the connectivity solutions division provides everything required to deploy wired and wireless networks. The access solutions division develops high-end electronics for data transmission from the headend to the customer premises.
If you want to make a difference and want to be involved in our next chapter, then we would love to hear from you.
Does this sound like a challenge that you’re looking for?
Please email your CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.