The Technetix DBC-1200S amplifier is an innovative ‘crossover’ design which provides a field upgradeable solution to deep fiber/fiber to the last amplifier (FttLA). Its RF function can be configured for use as a two output device (with or without an internal splitter). Designed using energy efficient GaN (gallium nitride) technologies, the DBC-1200S offers a functional upgrade path for the majority of compact amplifiers from other manufacturers by:
- Providing individual electronic gain and slope control for each of the final amplification stages
- Consuming less power compared to GaAs hybrid amplifiers
- Providing a similar or smaller physical footprint
- Harnessing GaN technology to provide class leading forward and return path gain
The DBC-1200S provides reverse path transmission with an amplification stage up to 25 dB. Forward and return path attenuation can be adjusted with electronic attenuators with electronic equalizers available for forward and return path equalization. Forward path equalization available in 862 MHz, 1006 MHz and 1218 MHz versions.
The DBC-1200S has a highly efficient long-life switch-mode power supply and uses thermal fuses to provide the powering modes required for the modules used. Gas discharge tubes at the input and output ports protect the RF circuits in the event of lightning or mains power surges.
- Full digital control and setup with optional integrated AGC/ALSC.
- Windows, Android and iPhone software applications available for amplifier configuration.
- Improved intermodulation distortion performance - innovative GaN technology operates to 1218 MHz.
- Energy efficient technology provides more gain from the same power consumption.
- Flexible amplifier configuration to meet changing network needs.
- CPD Safe™ technology and surge protection mean fewer reported faults, improved customer service and a reduction in truck rolls.
- Onboard ingress detection facility provides an option to apply -6 dB or -40 dB of return path attenuation via a simple transponderless FSK protocol.
- The DBC-1200S is easy to upgrade to a deep fiber node by replacing the existing RF modules with an optical transmitter and receiver modules.
- Development roadmap includes auto-alignment and auto-optimization.
- Adaptable for one or two high level outputs
- Operates to 1218 MHz with a forward gain of up to 40 dB
- Return path gain of up to 25 dB
- Field upgradable plug-in diplexers offer 42/54, 65/85, 85/102, 85/105 or 204/258 band splits
- Modular, power efficient design